Hey everyone! Super excited because today is the opening round of The Mating Game Blog Hop!
Here are the rules again, and it's not too late to sign up below!
- Pick a couple from your novel, manuscript, or WIPs
- Post our blog button
- Sign up with the linky below!
- Today! go to each of the judge's blogs to gather the questions for your couple to answer (There will be a total of five questions).
- 1. My Blog | http://twentysomethingfictionwriter.blogspot.com/
- 2. Jade Hart | http://www.dreamwritepublish.blogspot.com/
- 3. Jaycee Delorenzo | http://blog.jayceedelorenzo.com/
- 4. Chelsea Cameron | http://www.leftandwrite7.blogspot.com/
- 5. Magan Vernon | http://thepunchingbagfightsback.blogspot.com/
- On December 10, 2012 post your couples five answers and "hop" around the other participants blogs to comment on their couples!
- Optional: Participate in the reader voting round on December 14th to vote for the finalist couple that you feel stood out the most :)
- Optional: You have the option to post your couples pictures if you want to. But please do at your own discretion :)
*Just a note: The Crimson Hunt is on sale for .99 on Amazon for the week!
Clearing the library doors, we made our way into the night.
Luca took me across the grassy area of the quad, the buildings around it still illuminated. They were packed with students, most likely cramming for their midterms as I had been. It felt awesome being led by him in this way. Nothing but the world surrounded us. I loved being swept away by him.
We got beyond the quad’s extensive boundaries, and Luca led me behind a gray, brick building. I couldn’t quite make out where we were, because the area was so dark. I felt like I’d never been in this area before, though. I guess with most of my classes on the other side of the quad, I could have easily missed the location.
My hand was led around a corner of the building. In the space, stood a tall, widespread-gate. There wasn’t anyone else around, and the place was completely dark.
“Are we allowed in there?” I asked, worry in my voice.
“Probably not,” Luca said. He retrieved a key from his pocket and opened the lock. He then led me by the hand inside.
The interior of the gated enclosure was even darker than outside. I couldn’t make anything out. I really grew nervous. The space was so dark, and I couldn’t see Luca anymore. His hand left mine shortly after we entered.
“Luca?” I called out, gazing around the vast space. My call was met with no answer. This was really getting weird. Where did he go? “Luca?”
The dark vicinity transformed into an area of brilliant light. Twinkling, frosted blue lights replaced the darkness, and the lights draped the leaves of an enchanting collection of maple and oak trees. A vast array of vibrant flowers surrounded the area. There were so many different shades and species that identifying them all would take a great deal of time. The music of rolling fountains spilled into miniature lakes, and delicate white water lilies floated on the crystal-like water.
Every time my eyes shifted, there was something new to take in. My senses were completely taken over by the inspiration around me.
“What do you think?” Luca asked as if he’d been standing there beside me all along.
My eyes were still adjusting to the lights. “It’s …. It’s awesome,” I whispered.
The Question:The trip to the campus conservatory was a very memorable experience for Ariel and Luca.Tells us about a memorable experience you shared together.
Remember to hop around to the other judges blogs listed above to get all five questions, and if you want to sign up for the hop sign up on the linky below!
Sign up for the hop!